Today Slush 2014 event lit up the global start-up scene with 14.000 attendees (including 2 Prime ministers).
Nokia N1 Android tablet global launch was today’s best kept surprise.
Also, Supercell & Rovio hinted at a joint venture movie project - based on Finnish folklore.
After a super busy first day at Slush 2014, here are some live highlights from Helsinki, Finland. You can follow the hottest start-up event on the Planet using #slush14 (or simply #slush).
Highlights from #slush14 tweets from Day 1:
- Slush is a massive global event on Twitter - over 72 million impressions for the official # during Day 1 alone!
- 20 million people reached by this event which started with 300 attendees back in 2008.
- Tweets peaked after the opening keynote by Finnish Prime minister Alexander Stubb at around 11am.
- The hottest tweets from Slush 2014, Day 1 included this massive tweet by Nokia and then this one by TechCrunch.
- As Day 1 closes into the magical, dark Helsinki night, the tweets per hour rate stands at 960+ .
Follow @snellman for more updates.